Digital wallets: introducing Apple Pay and Google Pay to our checkout options
We are pleased to announce that you can now use the digital wallets and secure biometric payment methods Apple Pay and Google Pay from our shopping cart menu.
Simply add your products to the shopping cart as normal, and select Apple Pay or Google Pay buttons and confirm payment through your device’s biometric security options.
The familiar checkout page for credit cards is of course still available.
Advantages: Security and speed
The advantages of these new payment systems centres on the fact that the customer has already pre-linked their credit card or bank details to these new systems, and have linked their personal details (name, address etc) to their Apple or Google accounts.
- as you don’t have to enter your card details to the website, your card number is never stored on your device.
- the biometric security provides for 2 factor authentication to prevent misuse of credit cards.
- not having to enter card numbers and default shipping details from the website speeds up the checkout process by up to 50%.
Apple Pay : shopper requirements
Shoppers must be using the Safari browser, running on a compatible iOS device that is running iOS 10 or newer. Compatible devices include:
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, SE or newer
- Apple Watch with iPhone 5 or newer
- iPad Air 2 ,Pad Pro, iPad Mini 3 or Mac 2012 or newer
To pay from a desktop computer, shoppers must:
Google Pay : shopper requirements
In order to use Google Pay, shoppers must:
Note: Please check your user agreements with Apple or Google for further details